Things to do in Hanoi & Saigon
General advice Vietnam is generally an easy country to travel. Here are some general tips and advice on topicss like: weather, what to bring,...More details Do’s and Don’ts Here is some general advice about Vietnam do’s and don’ts from Footprint Vietnam Travel...More details Things to do Hanoi & Saigon This page offers hints and Tips on what to do and see white you are visiting Hanoi an Saigon - the two major urban...
The Footprint team is more than happy to give you our recommendations on the sites to visit, and the things to do in Hanoi. See how many you can tick off on your trip!
- Ho Chi Minh complex; including: the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Museum, and the President’s Palace (See this story for more).
- Shopping and bargaining in Hanoi’s infamous Old Quarter.
- Temple of Literature.
- Hoan Kiem Lake in the early morning and evening.
- Museum of Ethnology and / or the Vietnam's Women's Museum.
- Water Puppet Show (See this story for more).
- Try one the street-side, local beer called bia hơi.
- Have phở (noodle soup) for at least one of your breakfasts.
- Cyclo ride through the French Quarter.
- Visit the late night flower market (See this story for more).
Here are Footprint’s suggestions for things to do in Saigon. How many can you check off?
- Visit the War Remnants Museum.
- Go to Reunification Palace by cyclo.
- Shop till you drop at Ben Thanh market.
- Visit the China town market (“Cho Lon”).
- Visit the post office and the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Half a day trip to Cu Chi tunnel (for those with a fear of small confined spaces might have a problem though the tunnels).
- Have a drink on the top floor of the Rex Hotel (Nguyen Hue Boulevard).
- Try a Saigon Beer, and some local Vietnamese food at the lively evening food market beside Ben Thanh Market.
- Take a trip to the Mekong (Footprint suggests a 2-day Cycling Trip).
- Dance the night away at one of the many Saigon night clubs.